The aim of these play dough number and counting mats is to help students with their number recognition, 1:1 correspondence and representing numbers in a fun, hands on way. Play dough is great for strengthening little fingers and developing fine motor skills. The font used is Victorian Cursive font. The activity is ideal for small groups where you can differentiate and target specific needs.
The pack includes:
• 10 x colored number cards
• 10 x black and white number cards
How To Use The Pack:
• Print and laminate the cards.
• Give each student the number card you want them to practice.
• Students form the number with play dough.
• They then make the corresponding number of play dough dots and put them on the tens frame.
• Finally, they represent that number by making the corresponding number of ‘candles’ for the cupcake.
You may also be interested in:
Fun With Number Towers - Numbers 1 - 20
Open Ended Number Boards
0-10 Summer Bingo
Follow Little Wombats on Facebook