These number activities are easy to prep - set for the week and you are good to go! Make a little number sense book for each little learner in your class!
Just print, collate, staple and chop in half to make books for 2 students. Students complete one page each day.
This book has a focus on the number two.
- On day 1 students will cut and paste pictures of '2 quantities' from a selection of pictures in their book. They will also find a circle dot patterns that show the number 2.
- On day 2 students will draw simple pictures to create groups of 2.
- On day 3 students will identify (find) numerals and pictures of 2, to paste into their book, from a selection provided. They will also circle numeral 2s from a line of numerals.
- On day 4 students will trace and write the numeral 2, and also draw dots on blank dice to show 2.
- On day 5 students will trace and write the number word 'two' and also draw dots on blank ten frames to show 2.
We have also included a set of teacher flashcards to help you introduce to your students the different ways to represent 2:
- quantity picture
- dice pattern
- tally mark
- ten frame
- number word
- place value blocks
These fun books will not only help encourage number awareness and identification, but also fine motor and writing!