These number centers are perfect for teaching number recognition to 20 to Pre-K and Kindergarten students. If you are looking for hands-on and engaging number activities for your classroom - these are for you!
Designed with both Pre-K and Kindergarten in mind, these centers will give you a variety of activities and options for your students.
This pack is filled with engaging number centers for Pre-K and Kindergarten students that are NOT themed and can be used ANY TIME of year! (see the preview and description below for full details).
***This pack focuses on number RECOGNITION to 20, and while some activities involve counting,
you may find our counting centers
to be more helpful for connecting numbers to quantity if that is what you are looking for.
***This pack is also available in a money saving BUNDLE***
of print and play, skill-based centers.
Looking for centers that are themed? You will love our themed math and literacy centers.
NUMBER CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDED:
Number Match Clip Cards (2 levels)
- read the number or number word on the clip card and clip its match (0-20)
Number Puzzles (2 levels)
-Match up the numbers to each other, or match up the numbers to their number word (0-20).
- Roll the die and read the number. Find and color a matching bear. (Four games: 0-5, 6-10, 11-15, and 16-20).
-Pick a bubble card and read the number. Find and color the match. (Two games: 0-10 and 11-20).
- The mini-books are easy to prep and require NO cutting or staples! Just fold in half twice and you have a book ready to go! (Books for numbers 0-20)
Ice Cream Match
– Match up the ice cream scoops with their totals (sets to 10 and twenty frames to 20).
Trace and Race
-Roll the die. Trace the number you roll on the graph below. See which number gets to the top first. (Four sets: 0-5, 6-10, 11-15, and 16-20).
It’s a Graph, Giraffe!
- Roll the die. Color a space above the number your roll on the graph below. See which number gets to the top first. (Four sets: 0-5, 6-10, 11-15, and 16-20).
Pocket Chart Number Line Cards
– Use these cards in the pocket chart for a number order center, making a class number line at circle time – whatever you wish! (0-20)
– Print and laminate these cards for a fun BINGO game with numbers to 10 or teen numbers to 20! (10 cards per set, great for small groups or to play as a whole class and have a few winners at a time).
Number Tracing Strips
– Print and laminate these strips for use with dry erase markers in a math center. Work with numbers to 10 or with teen numbers to 20!
Number Road Racers
– Print and laminate, and practice number formation with toy cars! The car at the top tells students where to begin. (0-20)
Number Fine Motor Mats
– These number fine motor mats are great for math centers! Just add your favorite manipulatives, and change them up as you wish to keep them new and exciting! (0-20)
Number Dip It!
– Use a q-tip and paint to color each number (0- 20).
Number Dot It!
– Use bingo daubers and crayons to dot each number OR you can laminate and have kids use clothespins and pom poms to fill the circles for a fine motor math center! (0-20)
Number Trace and Find
– Trace the number and then find and highlight it (0-20, one sheet per number).
Black and White Copies of color items are included at the end of the files.
More Activities Your Kids Will Love:
Number Emergent Readers
Roll and Color Math Games