This zipped file contains 60 pages of resources and activities to introduce and reinforce number combinations to make 10. The different number combinations as presented here are called the "Food Friends". Each pair of numbers that makes 10 are introduced, along with the food pairings that represent the numbers. The idea is that students will associate the numbers and number combinations with the Food Friends, thus assisting with recall of the number combinations. Included number combinations/Food Friends are: Bacon (1) and Egg (9), Cookie (2) and Milk (8), Peas (3) and Carrot (7), Hamburger (4) and French Fries (6), Peanut Butter (5) and Jelly (5)
Resources and activities featured in this product include:
- Printable full color and black and white anchor charts – 2 full color and 2 black and White charts for each Food Friends pair – 2 in portrait and 2 in landscape orientation. (20 pages)
- Reproducible emergent reader – to reinforce Food Friends combinations of 10 (2 pages)
- Card games – 2 games are included, in both full color and black and White versions. Included are "Go Find Your Friend" (a Go Fish! style game) and "Food Friends Memory Match". The product also includes a printable directions sheet for each game. Games can be used as center activities or as take home activities for students to share with their families. (16 pages)
- Reproducible ten frames printable worksheets – 2 worksheets are included, along with a page of Food Friends manipulatives to use with the worksheets. (3 pages)
- Craftivity templates – Directions and templates for creating 10 different crafts, one for each Food Friend, are included. (18 pages)
This product meets the following CCSS Standards:
K.OA.A.3 – Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way.
1.OA.C.6 – Add and subtract within 20, demonstrating fluency for addition and subtraction within 10. Use strategies such as counting on, making ten, etc.
Please download the free preview offering to see everything that is included in this resource. When you download the preview, you will also receive a free useable sample of the product!
by Rebecca Bettis