These Number Comparison Dominoes are a fun and engaging way for students to practice comparing large numbers. Students will apply critical thinking skills in order to pair each domino with its match.
This Number Comparison Dominoes packet includes:
• 16 Number Comparisons Dominoes
• Dominoe's color coded cover (optional for ink saving)
• 2 page answer key
Objective: To pair the Number Comparison domino from least to greatest.
Materials: Copy of Place Value Number Comparison Dominoes, on card stock, laminated and cut out.
Activity: This game/activity is played in groups of 2-4 students.
1. To play the dominoes, shuffle them and pass them out until they are gone. The object of the game is to match the top half of a domino to the bottom half of another domino.
2. Players will turn all of the dominoes face up on the table in front of them.
The first player places a domino in the middle of the table and reads both halves of the domino to the rest of the group.
3. Each player looks at their dominoes to see who has the domino with the correct match. That player lays the domino at one of the ends of the domino already on the table.
4. Now that player reads the unmatched half of the domino they just played.
5. Another player can check the answer key to verify the answer. (Students are allowed to help each through discussion about how to get the correct answer.)
6. Play continues in this way until all the dominoes are played.
7. The last domino played will be answered by (and matched to) the first domino played, forming a rectangular shape.
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points towards FREE TPT purchases, I appreciate feedback. I also invite you to follow me on TPT and get notified when new products are added. New products are 50% off for the 1st 24 hours that they are posted. It truly pays to follow me as...We Rise Together!
Thank you very much,