These posters illustrate the following rhymes to guide students in proper number formation.
1. One is like a stick. A straight line down that is very quick.
2. Around and back on the railroad track. Two, two!
3. Around a tree, around a tree. That’s the way to make a three!
4. Down and over, down once more that’s the way to make a four!
5. The bee goes down, around the hive, go back up to make a five!
6. Make a curve, then a loop. There are no tricks to make a six!
7. Across the sky, slant the line, makes a seven every time!
8. Make an S, do not wait, go back up to make an eight!
9. First a circle then a line, that’s the way to make a nine!