I use these mini books with my number intervention guided groups that I create after my beginning of the year number sense assessment.
Mini books for numbers 1-10 are included.
Each number booklet has:
- A cover page
- Trace & Print: 2 options are included. Students will practice tracing and printing the focus number. At the bottom students will fill in the focus number and read the numbers from left to right. This page is to reinforce number ID & number order.
- Find & Circle / Find & Highlight: Students will either find and circle or find and highlight the focus number. I included 2 versions of this because although engaging for the kids, find & highlight can be ink intensive. I wanted to provide you with an ink friendly option so you can mix and match or use the one you prefer). This page helps reinforce number ID.
- Hunt & Check: Students will look for the pictures in the right hand column and count how many of each item they find. If the number counted matches the focus number the box is checked. If not I ask them to put an X in the box. This page for practicing 1:1 correspondence.
- Sticker It: Students will be given a bin of stickers and are asked to put stickers in the box to match the focus number. This page works on building numbers and 1:1 correspondance.
I have included My Number 1 Mini Book for FREE in the preview! Please download it and try it out if you are interested in this product :)
You can also see more pictures of this product in action on my blog here.
Click here to view the FRENCH version of this product.
Let me know if you have any questions! I hope this helps you run your beginning of the year guided math group effectively!
• All About the Numbers: Printables for Numbers 1 to 10
• Make & Read: Number Word Play Dough Mats
• Number Centres: The ENDLESS Bundle
Looking for more? Take a little time to EXPLORE!
♦ BEST SELLING Editable Teaching Portfolio