Are your students struggling with making the leap from positive and negative integers to positive and negative fractions? This lesson bundle anchors numbers to the number line with hands-on materials, movement, games, and reflection questions in a way that sets students up for success!
In this lesson students will learn…
- How to compare and order both positive and negative fractions and integers
- How to think about integers while ordering and comparing fractions
- How to mentally convert to mixed numbers while ordering fractions
In this lesson students will understand…
- The symmetry of the number line
- Opposites of numbers and operations
- That fractions belong on the same number line as integers
This lesson bundle includes…
- A Pacing and Lesson Plan Guide for a 2-3-day lesson
- Two Daily Warmups in a PowerPoint File
- Number Line Printable Materials—independent instructions for these printable in-class or take-home materials
- 1 Group Game—The Human Number Line, which can also be turned into a tabletop game with the hands-on materials in this lesson
- 4 Number Line Card Games—Where do I Belong, Integer and Fractions Dominoes, Integer and Fractions Puzzle, and War!
- Worksheets and Homework Pages—practice problems and reflection questions for each day get students thinking about the symmetry of the number line
Don’t forget to follow me to be notified of new products and dollar deal days!
Follow The Project Shoppe on Facebook