This is a great game for strengthening number recognition, number line concepts and comparisons of numbers!
Ahoy, maties!! Hidden treasure awaits! The object of this game is to locate where on the number line the pirates have buried their treasure.
At the start of each game, one player is designated as the “pirate.” He or she chooses a “mystery number” and writes it on the back of the write-&-wipe “treasure chest card.” The other players then take turns guessing under which number it might be hidden.
After each guess, the pirate informs the others if their guess was too big or too small. If the number guessed is larger than the mystery number, that number and all larger numbers on the number line are covered by a “TOO BIG” Pirate. If the number guessed is smaller than the mystery number, that number and all smaller numbers on the number line are covered by a “too small” pirate. Players continue taking turns to guess numbers until one of them identifies the mystery number and digs up the buried treasure!
Aaaaaarrgh ye ready to start guessin’?
Features of Number Line Pirates:
- Includes Numbers Lines from 1 – 10, 11 - 20 and Customizable Number Lines!
- Great for small groups or whole-class
- Easy-to-follow directions
- Materials available in both color and B&W
- Quick set-up. Just print, cut & play!
Look for these other Math Games to add to your classroom’s collection:
- Race to 100! A Pizza-Eating Addition Game
- Angry Bird Math
- Soccer Spin
- Roll-(and ADD!)-a-Snowman!
- Number Hop
- LEGO Math Printable—Roll! Build! Add!