4th Grade Texas Teacher Must Have Item!
1 Set of 24 Number Line Task Cards (Self-Checking with QR Codes)
These cards were specifically designed to align with 4th Grade Math STAAR test items involving number lines. You may have noticed from the 2013 released STAAR test that there were several challenging number line questions. The numbers have large gaps between them. This is a set of 24 cards with similar problems to provide practice with this difficult skill.
The great thing about the students scanning the solution with a QR code reader is that these cards are linked to pictorial models. Not only will an answer pop up on the screen, but a visual explanation is also provided. Students are provided with immediate feedback and can use strategies shown on one solution to help them figure out other solutions.
TEKS 4.10A Locate and name points on a number line using whole numbers, fractions such as halves and fourths, and decimals such as tenths.
Copy cards onto cardstock. Laminate. Cut apart.
Once a problem is solved, students can use a smart phone or tablet with a QR reader to scan the QR code. There are several FREE Apps for QR Readers. The correct answer will show on the screen with a colorful pictorial model of the solution.
These task cards can be used in many ways:
(1) Use as game cards with a generic game board. Students take turns pulling a card and solving it. If correct, the student rolls a die and moves their marker the number of spaces rolled on the die. The first person to the end wins.
(2) Place at a work station/center.
(3) Hole punch the cards and hang on a ring. The students can then bring the cards to their desk for extra practice when they have free time.
(4) Use in tutorials. Watch students as they work, and ask them to explain their steps and justify why they think their answer is reasonable.
(5) Play "Scoot"--Place one card on each desk. Students solve a problem and then scoot to the next desk.
These cards are intended for use by one teacher in one classroom. If multiple teachers in a school plan on using these cards, multiple licenses should be purchased. Thank you!