As a kindergarten teacher, I know how important routine and familiarity is for practice and independence in our young learners. That is why I have designed and created this packet of practice pages in order to allow your children a way to practice their number knowledge while still being challenged and having fun being hands on and creative.
Learners will do the following activities in these number practice pages:
- Trace numbers 1 - 20
- Write numbers 1 - 20
- Make numbers in a tens frame (drawing or manipulatives)
- Count number of objects with a numerical guide while coloring a group of objects (can be colored in a pattern)
- Read and recognize the numerical symbol for a number
- Read and recognize a number word
- Represent a number through drawing of objects or through placing of manipulatives
These pages can be used one page at a time as morning work or extra practice pages to supplement a lesson. Another way to use these pages is as a binder activity for early finishers. Print all the pages front to back and place in plastic sheet protectors. Learners can use dry erase markers and manipulative to complete the number practice pages when they complete their lesson activities! (Lots of differentiation in binder use also, as well as student independence!)
Keep our learners learning. Keep their learning beneficial. Keep it fun.