Also included in
- Do you need 6th grade math activities to use throughout the entire school year? I've got you covered! Save yourself HOURS of planning and prepping time with the wide variety of notes and activities in this bundle!Give your students some new and creative ways to look at math concepts on a daily basisPrice $265.00Original Price $457.25Save $192.25
- This HUGE middle school math resources bundle includes a TON of material that addresses all 6th grade and some 7th grade math standards, all at more than 40% savings!Save yourself HOURS of planning and prepping time with the wide variety of notes and activities in this bundle!Give your students somePrice $430.00Original Price $730.00Save $300.00
- Daily Math Dates, or dates as mathematical expressions, are a great way to work in a little extra math every day, no matter what subject you're teaching!The basic idea of Daily Math Dates is to use the date to include a little extra math in the day, reinforce math concepts, and possibly use to extenPrice $19.00Original Price $30.00Save $11.00
- This bundle is PACKED with creative note-taking options, a variety of engaging activity types, and test prep materials!(The Grade 6-7 Bundle has many of the same items as this 7th Grade Math Resource Bundle, but the 6th-7th grade bundle includes 6th grade curriculum units, Grade 6 Wheels, Grade 6 TePrice $92.00Original Price $154.25Save $62.25
These number puzzles are great for fast finishers, sub plans, math centers, or enrichment!
This easy-prep resource includes 22 number puzzles:
- 12 ‘Math Dates in History’ find-a-number puzzles – one for each month
- 5 cross-number puzzles using dates from all months, 2017-2018
- 5 find-a-number puzzles using dates from all months, 2017-2018
The puzzles are all based on the idea of writing the date as a mathematical expression (shown in the image in preview). You can read about math dates in this blog post. If students haven’t solved math dates before, they might need a few examples before starting a puzzle.
For cross-number puzzles, students need to figure out the date, and then enter those digits into the appropriate place in the puzzle.
For the find-a-number puzzles, students figure out the date and then find and circle those digits.
Some of the concepts included in the date expressions are:
- Square roots
- Cube roots
- Exponents and exponents rules
- Order of operations
- Fraction multiplication and division
- Decimal multiplication and division
- Absolute value
- Adding/subtracting positive/negative integers
These puzzles are also found in the larger Math Dates resource.
Click for individual Math Dates months!
Please keep in touch by following me, to be notified when new resources are uploaded! Resources are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours, so it pays to follow:-)
You might also like:
6th Grade Math Resource Bundle - resources for the entire year.