Number Puzzles Using Dates as Math Expressions for Middle School Math
Also included in
- Do you need 6th grade math activities to use throughout the entire school year? I've got you covered! Save yourself HOURS of planning and prepping time with the wide variety of notes and activities in this bundle!Give your students some new and creative ways to look at math concepts on a daily basisPrice $265.00Original Price $490.99Save $225.99
- This HUGE middle school math full-year resources bundle includes a TON of material that addresses 6th grade and 7th grade math standards!Save yourself HOURS of planning and prepping time with the wide variety of notes and activities in this bundle!Give your students some new and creative ways to looPrice $449.00Original Price $791.74Save $342.74
- Math Calendar Dates help your middle school students think about math in different ways as they increase their math flexibility!The basic idea of Math Date Warm Ups is to use the date to include a little extra math in the day, reinforce math concepts, and possibly use as extensions or enrichment.EacPrice $20.00Original Price $40.00Save $20.00
- This 7th grade math bundle is PACKED with creative note-taking options, a variety of engaging activity types, and test prep materials to help you cover probability concepts, percent problems, inequalities, circle concepts, combining like terms, and more!Included in this bundle:1) 7th Grade Math WheePrice $99.00Original Price $191.00Save $92.00
- Get your emergency sub plans set with this variety of activities that will keep students engaged when you need to be out.Use these no-prep resources for ANY day you need to be out of the classroom!Many of the concepts covered in these activities could be review for your students, which can be perfecPrice $15.00Original Price $20.50Save $5.50
These number puzzles use dates as math expressions and are great for fast finishers, sub plans, math centers, or enrichment!
This easy-prep resource includes 22 number puzzles:
- 12 ‘Math Dates in History’ find-a-number puzzles – one for each month
- 5 cross-number puzzles using dates from all months, 2017-2018
- 5 find-a-number puzzles using dates from all months, 2017-2018
The puzzles are all based on the idea of writing the date as a mathematical expression (shown in the image in preview).
- You can read about the date as a math expression in this blog post.
- If students haven’t solved 'math dates' before, they might need a few examples before starting a puzzle.
For cross-number puzzles, students need to figure out the date, and then enter those digits into the appropriate place in the puzzle.
For the find-a-number puzzles, students figure out the date and then find and circle those digits.
Some of the concepts included in the date expressions are:
- Square roots
- Cube roots
- Exponents and exponents rules
- Order of operations
- Fraction multiplication and division
- Decimal multiplication and division
- Absolute value
- Adding/subtracting positive/negative integers
These number puzzles are also found in the larger Math Dates resource.
Click for individual Math Dates months!
Please keep in touch by following me, to be notified when new resources are uploaded! Resources are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours, so it pays to follow:-)
You might also like:
6th Grade Math Resource Bundle - resources for the entire year.
Common Core Daily Math Warm Ups for Grade 6