Writing in math is an important aspect of learning mathematics concepts. Number sense is one of the most important things to learn and have an understanding of in math. This product has several different number sense activities for an interactive math notebook. The product starts with a page with handwriting lines for tracing and writing numerals, then there are interactive flaps for drawing sets and writing numbers, there is expanded form for numbers 10-20 using different tools. There are number sense sorts and pages devoted to decomposing numbers. These can be used as a way to gage understanding in an engaging and interactive way by using as an independent activity.
* Handwriting Lines with space to write and draw.
* Interactive Flaps with numerals 0-20 - students can draw sets to match the numerals under each of the flaps.
* Interactive Flaps with sets 0-20 - students can write numerals under the flaps and I have students color sets of ten in each of the sets above 10. The flaps for 0-5 have sets of school supplies. The flaps for 6-12 have sets of fall and halloween themed images. The flaps for 13-20 have sets of winter themed images.
* Number sorts - the first sort includes numbers 1-5. The second sort includes numbers 6-12. The headers have the numerals and number words on them. The sorting pieces include fingers, dice, ten frames, five frames, and base ten blocks.
* Expanded Form pages - one set uses base ten blocks and the other uses ten frames. Students count the base ten blocks or dots on the ten frames and write the matching numeral. They fill in the number equation "10 + ___ = ___".
* 2-sided counter Make the Numbers 2-5 - students will show all of the ways to make the numbers by coloring in the circles with yellow and red, then writing the number equation.
* Make 5 with five frames - students draw in the missing dots and then fill in the equation.
* Make 10 with ten frames - students draw in the missing dots and then fill in the equation.