PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Teach and reinforce counting from 1 to 20 with these fun and engaging number sense game mats. These game mats have been designed to reinforce concepts such as counting, building, ordering, comparing, adding and subtracting from numbers 1 to 20. The game mats are differentiated so children can begin with numbers 1 to 5 and build up their number sense concepts to numbers 1 to 20. The games are ideal for children in preschool, kindergarten and 1st grade and can be used in math learning centers or small group instruction.
The following games are included:
Build a City
- Who will build a city with the most (or least) amount of math cubes?
- Designed to be played in pairs
- Counting, composing and comparing numbers
- A game that can be differentiated and extended in many different ways.
- 3 differentiated versions for counting from 1-5, 1-10, 1-20
- Composing numbers to create a group of 5, 10, 20 cubes
- Can be played individually, in pairs, or small groups
- Game extension ideas provided
- Counting and composing numbers from 1-5 with and extension for 1-10
- Comparing and matching numbers to see who will build their towers first
- Extensions provided for subtracting numbers
- Ideal for pairs or small groups of children
Winter Game Races
- Two game board designs for numbers 1 to 5.
- Who will be the first to build their igloo?
- Ideal for beginning counting skills
- Designed for counting, composing and comparing numbers 1 to 10.
- A race to build a pyramid by filling in all rows with corresponding numbers.
- Extension ideas provided.
Other games and activities for teaching numbers and counting can be found here:
Keep in Touch: