Also included in
- This primary math bundle includes a set of differentiated number sense reference folders and a comprehensive number sense unit to help you teach your students how to build this critical math foundation. This set is also useful for math intervention.Check out each of the previews to get a good look a$22.00$24.50Save $2.50
Developing early number sense is a key factor in future mathematical understanding. Building conceptual understanding with manipulatives and lots of practice counting, subitizing, decomposing quantities and numbers as well as talking about math are all building blocks to understanding.
Providing opportunities to learn through doing rather than through worksheets alone will enable students to become flexible in their mathematical thinking, setting the stage for deeper learning and critical thinking.
is a complete research based unit that will help you to build an early learning math program for your students that models math learning on a continuum. So, while this set is for students in the pre-k-2nd grade age group, all students will have an access point because it is designed based on concepts. Once a student has mastered a concept (not based on grade) they are ready to move on to the next concept. Differentiation is built in. This helps students learn math and move forward without leaving gaps in learning.
This complete resource contains:
- a organization system for you to use a binder to hold all of the information and activities if you choose
- printables to keep track of the different stages of mathematical growth
- observation forms
- pre-assessment information and tools
- clear descriptions of every stage of number sense development
- matching ideas, suggestions and activities for use in plastic worksheet covers to save paper and use in math centers as well as some worksheets for practice.
- place value games and task cards
commutative and associate properties
This is a great set for teachers just starting out or for teachers wanting to get a better understanding why their early learners may be struggling. It is also a useful set for resource teachers to help identify where a child may need more learning or extra reinforcement.
Please see the preview for a closer look at what is included.
This unit is also aligned with the British Columbia Math curriculum.
If you have any questions or you would like to enquire about a site license, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like:
Be sure to follow along here for some great ideas and freebies:
FACEBOOK The Write Stuff on Facebook
PINTEREST The Write Stuff on Pinterest
INSTAGRAM The Write Stuff on Instagram
How to get TPT credits to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom and helps me to plan new creations based on your likes and needs.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower.
You will now receive email updates about this store!