These lessons help students understand and practice the number concepts of before and after. Understanding number sense helps students learn to add and subtract since their foundation of how numbers work is strong. The lessons include teacher notes and these activities:
* a video that shows you a game you can watch and play with your class
* a counting song
* counting to 10 in a chant and ordering #'s to 10
* ordering amounts
* ordering numbers to 5
* ordering real life situations
* using patterns to determine what comes before and/or after
* practicing with interactive dice and colors to help students visualize the ordering of numbers
* a cute counting video that counts forwards and backwards.
* ordering numbers using a number line
* teacher gives a number and the students then tell what comes before or after.
* ordering #s 6-10
* ordering #s backwards
*r olling dice and writing what comes before and after
This follows common core math standards K.CC.2, K.CC.4, K.CC.7.
I hope you like this unit!