We all have students who need extra support on building their number sense. This pack was a result of my struggle to provide targeted, easy interventions which parents could use at home to support their child's growth.
Just as we have “reading readiness” skills such as hearing sounds and identifying letters, there are essential math skills students need to master to achieve success beyond K-2. This pack includes easy interventions to help students master those skills at both the first and second grade level. It can also be used in Kindergarten as an extension! All interventions help students better their understanding of size, place value, and number relationships, and all materials are included in this pack. Just send it home!
Skills included in this pack:
1. Count forward and backwards within 100 and 1000.
2. Skip count forward by 5s, 10s, and 100s within 100, 1000.
3. Build numbers within 100, 1000 using base ten blocks, Tell how many ones, tens, hundreds
4. Read and write numbers to 1000
5. Tell one more/less and 10 more/less within 100 (build) then 100 more/less within 1000 (build)
6. Compare and order numbers to 100, 1000 (build)
Pairs to 10, Pairs to 20, Pairs to 100 (40 + 60)
(Build on part part whole mats)
ALL MATERIALS ARE INCLUDED! ALL directions in parent-friendly language, plus an intervention tracker AND helpful tips for each skill. Enjoy!