Number Sense (Math 7 – Unit 1)
This bundle includes notes, homework assignments, three quizzes, a study guide, and a unit test that cover the following topics:
• Integers and Absolute Value
• Adding and Subtracting Integers
• Multiplying and Dividing Integers
• Applications with Integers
• Simplifying Fractions
• Mixed Number versus Improper Form
• Adding and Subtracting Fractions (Like Bases)
• Adding and Subtracting Fractions (Unlike Bases)
• Multiplying Fractions
• Dividing Fractions
• Applications with Fractions
• Fraction/Decimal/Percent Conversions
• Review of Decimal Operations
• Operations with Fractions and Decimals (Applications Included)
• Perfect Squares and Square Roots
• Powers of 10 (positive and negative)
• Scientific Notation
• Comparing & Ordering Number Forms
NEW: Assessments are now EDITABLE!
Now you can easily make multiple versions or customize to fit your needs! PowerPoint and Equation Editor (usually built in to PowerPoint) are required to edit these files. There is a folder titled "Editable Assessments" when you download. This is where you will find editable versions of each quiz and the unit test.
This unit is similar to my Pre-Algebra Unit 1
in that it contains similar topics. However, all material has been rewritten to ensure there is no duplication. Certain topics from Pre-Algebra Unit 1 are not included here, such as negative exponents, cube roots, and the Real Number System. This unit is written for Math 7 or advanced Math 6 students, whereas Pre-Algebra is written for Math 8 or advanced Math 7 students.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
Math 7 Curriculum
This purchase includes a license for one teacher only
for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable
, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.