These 36 print and go centers for practicing number sense are created to help build number sense skills in 3rd and 4th grade students. Students use number tiles to “build” numbers as they practice place value, arithmetic, and problem solving.
1. Writing numbers in standard, expanded, and word form
2. Rounding numbers
3. Addition number bonds (which can be checked with the inverse operation so students are practicing both addition and subtraction)
5. Number Riddle problem solving
This resource contains 36 centers, making it ideal to use as a weekly number sense center.
Here's what's included:
1. Instructions Page
2. 36 construction themed number sense centers
3. Two pages of number tiles in different styles (Copying one page per student is recommended. You may have students place the tiles in a Ziploc bag to use all year, along with the mini sheets of work paper. Dice are also required.)
4. Construction themed work paper for scratch work
5. Answer Keys
This resource is great for differentiation! Students may build a number containing between 1 and 6 digits, depending upon their ability level for many of the activities. Learners who struggle with number sense may build smaller numbers and students who need a challenge may build larger numbers to practice the skills. Also, extra digits are included for students who are able to figure out the missing number in a number bond by arranging tiles by place value to add.
This resource may also be used for early finishers and for homework!
*See the Preview for a closer look!
I hope you choose to download this product. If you do and find it helpful, please leave a great rating, follow me, and check out the other products in my store. Thank you!
~For personal and single classroom use only.~