Number Sense Math Lessons Games Worksheets Assessments
Also included in
- Are you looking for a math resource that will really help your students build a solid understanding of number sense? This is the resource you need. Not only is it full of lessons and activities and practical tools for your students, but it is also full of useful information for you to help you teachPrice $22.00Original Price $24.45Save $2.45
- Use these resources to provide your students with the important skills and practice they need for early literacy and numeracy. Use this printing practice and number sense resource set to help you assess and teach these building blocks of reading, writing, and math skills. What's inside:PrintingprintPrice $35.00Original Price $45.35Save $10.35
Do your students have difficulty with addition, subtraction, or fact families? Or maybe you are just looking for an early math resource that will help your students start off on the right foot with number sense. Building this foundational math learning will help your students develop the early math skills they need.
Teaching conceptual number sense understanding with manipulatives and lots of practice counting, subitizing, decomposing quantities, and numbers, place value as well as talking about math are all building blocks to understanding. This easy-to-use resource will help you to teach all this and more!
This complete resource contains:
- an organization system for you to use a binder to hold all of the information and activities if you choose
- printables to keep track of the different stages of mathematical growth
- observation forms
- pre-assessment information and tools
- clear descriptions of every stage of number sense development
- matching ideas, suggestions, and activities for use in plastic worksheet covers to save paper and use in math centers as well as some worksheets for practice.
- place value games and task cards
commutative and associate properties
Building Blocks Number Sense is perfect for the classroom teacher and for use as a math intervention program to fill possible learning gaps.
Differentiation is built in! Let's face it, there are many different learning abilities and styles in every class and it can be difficult to meet all of their needs. This number sense resource is suitable to use from K-2. Perfect if you change grades or have a wide range of abilities in your classroom.
This number sense resource will help your students to learn all about numbers from 0-20 and up to 100.
Students will have fun learning with the included:
- math lessons
to help them be successful mathematicians! You will love the organizational system and step-by-step lessons and assessments.
Providing opportunities to learn through doing rather than through worksheets alone will enable students to become flexible in their mathematical thinking, setting the stage for deeper learning and critical thinking.
is a complete research-based unit that will help you to build an early learning math program for your students that models math learning on a continuum. So, while this set is for students in the K-2nd grade age group, all students will have an access point because it is designed based on concepts. Once a student has mastered a concept, (not based on grade although the standards align to K-2), they are ready to move on to the next concept. This helps students learn math and move forward without leaving gaps in learning.
This is a great set for teachers just starting out or for teachers wanting to get a better understanding of why their early learners may be struggling. It is also a useful set for resource teachers to help identify where a child may need more learning or extra reinforcement.
Please see the preview for a closer look at what is included.
This unit is also aligned with the British Columbia Math curriculum.
If you have any questions or you would like to enquire about a site license, please contact me at email@example.com
You might also like:
Be sure to follow along here for some great ideas and freebies:
FACEBOOK The Write Stuff on Facebook
PINTEREST The Write Stuff on Pinterest
INSTAGRAM The Write Stuff on Instagram
How to get TPT credits to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom and helps me to plan new creations based on your likes and needs.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower.
You will now receive email updates about this store!