This file includes picture cards for subitizing with dice, dominoes, ten frames, dot patterns, and fingers. Both perceptual subitizing and conceptual subitizing patterns are included. It also provides numeral cards for matching objects with a number as well as "draw what you saw" cards so students can share their thinking with you!
Not sure what "subitizing" is? Subitizing is recognizing an amount of objects without having to count. When we roll a dice, we don't need to count how many dots there are because our brain already has an image it can match with each number. Subitizing is an essential beginning step in building number sense.
Included in this file:
- Ideas for use & how I use them in my own classroom
- Picture cards for 1 or 2 dice (to 12)
- Picture cards for 3 dice (to 18)
- Picture cards for dominoes (to 20)
- Picture cards for ten frames (to 20)
- Picture cards for random dot patterns (within 5 and within 10)
- Picture cards for fingers (to 20)
- Number cards to 20
- "Draw What You Saw" (recording sheets for guided math or partner check)
****Please note that these games are part of my Number Sense BUNDLE
! Do not purchase if you own the bundle!****
Looking for more number sense activities?
Number Sense - More/Less Games
Number Sense - I Have, Who Has
Number Sense - Ten Frames Galore!
120 Charts & Number Lines
Number Sense – Rekenrek (Push Bead) Cards & Activities
If you have any questions, please ask before purchasing. Thanks so much for looking!
First Grade Kate