Number sense is an important foundational concept for young learners. This product has everything you need to help you teach those concepts to your students (including pictures and examples of how I teach and use each section)! With activities ranging from basic number sense (recognizing numbers and number amounts for 0-5) to more advanced concepts (composing and decomposing numbers 3-5), your students will have fun as they acquire the foundation they need to excel in math!
This product contains the following:
1. Ways to See Number (for 1-5) - foldy flap booklets
2. Number Puzzles and "I Can Work with 0-5" bow tie paper - whole group/partner activity
3. Ways to Show (for 1-5) - whole group activity
4. "My Numbers 1-5" booklet (for 1-5) - illustrating 2 different ways to see each number
5. Sequencing Numbers Forwards and Backwards (for 0-5) - activity and worksheet
6. "Greater than, Less than, Same!" booklet (for 1-5) - write and illustrate
7. "I Know 1 More and 1 Less" booklet (for 1-5) - write and illustrate
8. "Ways to Make" booklet (for 3-5) - composing and decomposing
9. Number Mats (for 0-5) - use with play doh, links, buttons, etc.
10. Large Number Puzzles (for 1-5) - in color and BW; shows number/number word, tallies, picture amount, and dot amount in 5-frame
11. Shake and Spill (for 4-5) - with space to write the corresponding number sentence
12. "Greater than, Less than, Same" spinner/station (for 0-5) - students spin, write, and illustrate
13. "1 More and 1 Less" (for 0-5) - students spin, write, and illustrate
14. Triangle Puzzles (for 0-5) - students match number, number word and number model to form a hexagon; 3 different sets included
TEKS: K.2A, K.2B, K.2E, K.2F, K.2G, K.2I
CCSS: K.CC.A.2, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4.A, K.CC.B.4.C, K.CC.C.6, K.CC.C.7, 1.NBT.B.3
If you're looking for great activities for numbers 6-10, please check out my Number Sense 6-10
Want to save money? Check out my Number Sense 0-10 BUNDLED
Please check out the above preview for examples of each section. If you have ANY questions before purchasing, PLEASE ask. :) Happy counting!