These fun and engaging math warmups are a quick and easy way to start your math block. This product includes 20 math warmups and covers 4 decimal related skills: modeling decimals, reading and writing decimals, comparing and ordering decimals, and relating decimals to fractions and money.
Each skill has five different warmup routines that are designed to encourage meaningful math conversations and give your students an opportunity to practice critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Correct The Teacher - With this routine, students are given a math problem that has been solved incorrectly. Students are asked to identify the mistake that was made and then come up with the correct answer.
- Tug-o-War -Students are given a math related statement. They have to decide if they agree or disagree with the statement and then justify their position. It is an opportunity for them to apply their knowledge and understanding of place value.
- Number Strings - Students are given a number to start with and then are asked to use mental math to solve a variety of problems that lead them to a new number. Students will have fun following a math path that leads to the new unknown number.
- Show Me More - Students will be asked to show more than one way to complete the statement given. They might have to show more than one way to solve a problem or more than one way to represent a number.
- Problem of the Day - Students are given a traditional problem related to the skill and are asked to solve it. This is a great routine to use at the end of the week or to assess your students level of mastery.
- Warmup Routines
- Math Center
- Spiral Review
- Test Review or Test Prep
- Extension Activities
Included In This Product:
- PowerPoint with 20 decimal warmup questions
- Task cards with all 20 questions
- Question overview page
- Answer Key
- Student Workspace Sheet
If you loved this set, check out my other math warm ups.
Place Value Warm Ups
Fraction Warm Ups
Multiplication Warm Ups
- Click here to sign up to recieve my newsletter. Get teaching ideas, product updates, and freebies, delivered right to your inbox.
- Click here to follow my store to be notified when new products are added.