This worksheet packet presents concepts necessary for understanding how to simplify fractions. Lots of examples and practice problems. Examples can be discussed by the instructor, and students can work on practice problems individually or in groups. The concepts presented include:
• Finding Greatest Common Factor by listing all factors for a set of numbers and comparing
• Using a Divisibility Rules Chart to determine factors
• Practicing fraction multiplication, breaking fractions into factors, and dividing out common factors
• Rewriting a fraction using GCF and remaining factors, then dividing out common factors
• Writing Prime Factor Trees
• Rewriting a fraction using Prime Factors, then dividing out common factors
• Finding the GCF using common Prime Factors found in the numerator & the denominator.
• Simplifying fractions using both Greatest Common Factor and Prime Factors.
There are 7 pages of examples and problems and duplicates of these 7 with the answers filled in.
*** Dawn Designs Fraction Products ***
~ L e a r n i n g
Number Theory: Simplifying Fractions – Greatest Common Factor and Prime Factors (This is the one you are viewing.)
Instructions, examples, and practice problems to cover the concepts of: GCF, divisibility rules, prime factor trees, dividing out common factors using GCF or prime factors, finding GCF using prime factors.
Fractions/Mixed Numbers: Simplify, Multiply, Divide, Add, Subtract
Instructions, examples, and practice problems for simplifying, multiplying, dividing, adding, and subtracting fractions and mixed numbers.
~ P r a c t i c e a n d R e v i e w
Fraction Review of Factors, Multiples, Prime Factors, GCF
Students often confuse Factors and Multiples, and Least Common Multiple with Greatest Common Factor. This worksheet packet was created to help them distinguish between and remember the terms!
Fractions/Mixed Numbers: Rules and Practice
Coordinated rules and practice for multiplying, dividing, adding, and subtracting fractions and mixed numbers.
Feedback → TpT Credits → Discount on a future purchase!
After you purchase and review a product, you will be given a chance to provide Feedback, which will build up your TpT Credits. Your thoughtful feedback inspires me when I am enhancing current products and creating new ones; I love hearing how the worksheets are used! To enter feedback, go to your “My Purchases” page, find the product, and click on “Provide Feedback”.
Be in the loop!
Find the green star near the Dawn Designs store name and logo and click on “Follow Me”. You will be the first to know about new products, sales, and special offers!
Licensing and Copyright
* Purchasing this product entitles you to one non-transferable, single-user license. At the time of purchase you will be able to purchase additional licenses (usually priced at a discount), so you can share this product with others, including instructors and colleagues.
* ©2013 Dawn Kermizian of Dawn Designs. All rights reserved. This product is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet is strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author, dawndesigns @ comcast.net. Posting to a personal or school website is allowed if the website is password protected and can only be accessed by current students.
Clip Art Credits for Cover
A Sketchy Guy
At the Core