I created these simple Number Think Mats to use with my Pre-Primary students. We find it an easy way for students to share their thinking and number knowledge.
This freebie includes:
- a basic number mat with ten frame
- a basic number mat with twenty frame
- an addition number mat with ten frame
- an addition number mat with twenty frame
- a subtraction number mat with ten frame
- a subtraction number mat with twenty frame
I simply print them out onto coloured card or paper and laminate them. I print the ten frame and twenty frame versions back on back, so that each child has a set of both at hand. The children use whiteboard markers to write and wipe off.
You could use this resource with dice, spinners, iPad spinners, number cards or any other method of producing a number. We use a range of manipulatives to make the number (counters, toothpicks, buttons, play dough...)
I hope you find this resource is minimal prep, easy to use and your kids love it as much as mine!