Number Tiles Math Bundle: 67 Critical Thinking Hands-On Activities
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (4)
This math bundle consists of three number tile resources which are solved separately in my store. They include The A, B, C’s of Number Tiles, a 46 page handout, Number Tiles, a 26 page booklet, Making Magic Numbers Using Number Tiles, a 25 page booklet and Geometric Math-A-Magical Puzzles, a 49 page resource. All 67 activities are appropriate for grades 5-8.
The math activities in these three resources require that the students use each number tile only once. However, some of the activities will not require the use of all ten tiles; so, reading and following the directions before beginning each math puzzle is important. Since the students have the freedom to move the tiles around, they are more engaged and more willing to try multiple methods to find the solution. Some of the problems will have just one solution while others have several solutions.
- The pages can be copied and laminated so that they can be used from year to year.
- These activities may be placed at a table for math practice.
- They are also a perfect resource for those students who finish an assignment or test early.
- Allow the students to choose one of the puzzle pages to do as seatwork, to complete at a math center, or to finish when their work is done.
- Use to reteach a concept to a small group as well as to introduce a new mathematical concept to the whole class.
The activities vary in levels of difficulty and involve problem solving as well as critical thinking which is relevant for any diverse classroom. All of these activities are especially suitable for the visual and/or kinesthetic learner.
A Number Tile Keeper in addition to a blackline of the number tiles is located at the end of each resource along with a complete answer key. Download the preview pages to see various samples from the three books.
The separate number tile resources are listed below.