Fascinating and amazing number facts! Categorized for easy use in the classroom!
Things to Do with this Book
1. READ IT! Yes, you can JUST read Number Wonders for the pure power it has to boggle your mind. But, consider the other options too.
2. SHARE IT! Take a few facts with you and “wow” your friends and family. It’s fun!
3. COMPARE IT! Take the fact and compare it to other known information. For instance:
The blue whale devours 4 tons (8,000 pounds) of krill a day! Figure out how many McDonalds 1/4 pounders or how many boxes of Cheerios that would equal.
Or take the fact – A lion’s roar can be heard 5 miles away. You might want to find a place that is 5 miles away from your home or school to compare that to.
Be creative with your comparisons and be sure to write them down next to the number wonder in the book that sparked your idea!
4. MAKE A Read a fact to a classroom or a group of GAME OF IT! friends. Have them GUESS the number. Each
time someone guesses, tell them if the next
guess needs to be higher or lower.
5. ADD TO IT! Be on the look out for new amazing number facts. When you find one – write it down in this book so you can share it with others!
* The point is…do something with these numbers! It’s fun!