2nd Grade Number and Operations in Base Ten: Number and Operations in Base Ten ~ Comprehensive PowerPoint Presentation~
Understanding place value, properties of operation, composing and decomposing numbers, expanded form, are just a few of the many concepts introduced and practiced in this comprehensive presentation. This valuable tool for 2nd grade teachers, is interactive and full of Common Core specific content. It keeps the students engaged with variety, choice, rigor, and partner time. It contains a great deal of animation and the text is fully editable. You can add slides, delete slides or rearrange slides. The clip art is "glued" in place but the text and animation are easy to edit.
The content of the 90+ slide presentation is divided into 9 sections:
1. Wagon Wheel Slides: Introduce place value and practice the use of base ten blocks.
2. Sheriff Badge Slides: Introduce and practice the use of place value discs.
3. Fence Post Slides: Introduce and practice the skill of comparing numbers.
Place value charts and number lines are used for pictorial images.
4. Cowboys: Introduce and practice using place value to add and subtract.
5. Cowboy Boot Slides: Introduce and practice the skill of decomposing and composing numbers.
6. Barrel Slides: Introduce and practice representing numbers with multiple models such as expanded form, number names, and verbal descriptions.
7. Cowboy Hats: Properties of Operation are introduced through direct teaching and an explanation of how commutative and associative properties support addition strategies yet are not transferred to the skill of subtraction.
8. Wagon: True False Quiz - Students respond to 10 comprehensive thought provoking questions in a whole group setting.
9. Questions for Math Journals: These slides are placed within each unit. However, they can easily be moved to the back of the presentation as desired.
Standards: 2.NBT.A.1; 2.NBT.A.2; 2.NBT.A.3; 2.NBT.A.4; 2.NBT.B.5; 2.NBT.B.6; 2.NBT.B.7; 2.NBT.B.8; 2.NBT.B.9;
Students respond to practice questions on marker boards or paper. At times, they share with a partner and at times they work with small groups. This presentation is created with the development of Common Core standards in mind but can be edited to enhance every states' standards in the foundation of numbers. It is suggested to spend 10 days working towards mastery of the skills and concepts contained in the slide show.
Please Note: View the preview to see how the presentation works on your device. It has a lot of embedded fonts that are compatible with a PC. Most Mac devices are not able to read the embedded fonts.
Visit my store
for other products to engage, enrich, and empower your students.
Other products you might like include:
Anchor Activities for Early Finishers
Decode Key Concepts in 2nd Grade Math
This resource, created by Paula McClendon at Dazzle on a Dime, LLC, is licensed for the purchaser's classroom use only. Additional licenses are available at a discounted price.
Keywords: | Place Value | Decomposing Numbers| Decompose | Compose | Number lines | Place Value Disks | Decimals | Base ten | Base ten blocks | Word Problems | Comparing Numbers |Common Core | Common Core Standards | Foundation in Numbers | Foundations in Number | Unit 1 | Place Value Presentation | 2NBT.A.1 | 2NBT.A.2 | 2NBT.A.3 | 2NBT.A.4 |2NBT.B.5 | 2NBT.B.6 | 2NBT.B.7 | 2NBT.B.8 |2NBT.B.9 |