Number of the Day is a set of worksheets that review concepts students have already learned so that they can work independently and develop number sense. Each day you assign a different number for students to work on (or allow them to choose their own) so each sheet can be used multiple times before moving onto the next.
Each worksheet is slightly more challenging than the one before, and are designed to be used over an entire school year. Students could work on the same sheets for a couple of weeks or more before moving onto the next.
Students will work on the following concepts:
- Numbers up to 1000 (last page includes numbers up to 2000)
- Recording numbers in expanded form and word form
- Placing the number of the day on an open number line
- Representing numbers as base ten blocks or money
- Skip counting (forwards and backwards) by 5, 10, 20, and 100
- Basic operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication)
- Rounding numbers (nearest ten and nearest hundred)
My students really enjoyed working on number of the day. I hope yours do too!