This is a worksheet used for teaching place value concepts to the thousands. It will work for any 4 digit number, simply write the number in the box at the left hand side of the page.
It has students practice the following for a four digit number:
- using a place value chart for the number
- writing the number using words
- writing the number in expanded form
- rearranging the digits to make the smallest number
- rearranging the digits to make the biggest number
- thinking of numbers greater than and less than the number
- determining 1000, 100, and 10 more than the number
- determining 1000, 100, and 10 less than the number
- indicating if the number is odd or even
- drawing base 10 blocks to represent the number
This worksheet can be used as review, morning work, an assessment piece, to start or end a lesson, or other various ways in your classroom.