This is my version of the Number of the Day model. I call it "Star Number" because sometimes there just isn't enough time to work with a number every day, and sometimes our students need more practice with one number before moving on to the next number. Therefore, this pack has five slightly different versions of the same form in order to tailor its use for your student population.
This pack is designed for number 1-20, using the following concepts:
* Writing of the number inside the star shape
* Designating the number as even or odd
* "Tally the Star Number"
* "Picture the Star Number" (draw a set/group to represent the quantity)
* "Frame the Star Number" (use the given ten frames)
* "What comes before?/What comes after?"
* "Show a Star Number Family" (2 addition and 2 subtraction number sentences)
* "Plot the Star Number on a Number Line"
* "Write in Word Form"
* "What is 1 less?/What is 1 more?"
* "Compare the Star Number" (using greater than and less than)
This file also includes two versions of a "My Star Number Journal" cover page. One cover has lines set to work with Handwriting Without Tears (requested by a colleague). The other cover has typical primary lines.
This is a pdf file so that all of the layers are stable. With this in mind, I am happy to make adjustments if need be. Just send me an inquiry, and I will see what I can do to tailor the file to your needs.
Thank you for taking a look at my work!
Star Number Journal 1-20
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License