This is my version of the Number of the Day model. I call it "Star Number" because sometimes there just isn't enough time to work with a number every day, and sometimes our students need more practice with one number before moving on to the next number. Therefore, this pack has five slightly different versions of the same form in order to tailor its use for your student population.
This pack is designed for numbers 10-30, using the following concepts:
* Writing of the number inside the star shape
* Designating the number as even or odd
* "Write the Star Number" using a place value box for tens and ones
* "Block the Star Number" (model the number using base ten block drawings)
* "Frame the Star Number" (use the given ten frames)
* 1 Less/1 More/10 Less/10 More
* "Show a +/- Fact Family" (designed as a triangle, with bubbles for the numbers in the family)
* "Save the Star Number" (model the number using monetary representations
* "Plot the Star Number on a Number Line"
* "Write in Word Form"
* "Write in Expanded Form"
* "Compare the Star Number" (using greater than and less than)
This file also includes two versions of a "My Star Number Journal" cover page. One cover has lines set to work with Handwriting Without Tears (requested by a colleague). The other cover has typical primary lines.
This is a pdf file so that all of the layers are stable. With this in mind, I am happy to make adjustments if need be. Just send me an inquiry, and I will see what I can do to tailor the file to your needs.
Thank you for taking a look at my work!
Number of the Day or Star Number Math Journal for 10-30
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License