PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Have students master place value for tens, hundreds, and thousands place while learning to write addition and subtraction story problems. Four themes- unicorns, monsters, penguins, and puppies to keep them fresh while keeping the format the same so it's low prep.
Students will learn that the question dictates whether the student adds or subtracts. They will write a story problem with both an addition and subtraction question to help their understanding.
Great to grow from digit numbers, to three digit, to four digit numbers as your year progresses.
Use as whole class, math stations, math groups, anchor activity, or homework. Differentiate for GT learners by having them show unique ways to use the number line or place value blocks.
Each theme (unicorn, monster, penguin, and puppy) has all of the pages. They are the same except the clip art and title.
* number of the day to tens place (b/w and color)
* extra number lines (b/w and color)
* number of the day to hundreds place (b/w and color)
* number of the day to thousands place (b/w and color)
* writing related math story problems
* math & roll writing related math story problems
* writing story problem with addition and subtraction questions
Be sure to follow me for the latest updates.
Happy number of the daying!