Do you have a number of the week? Our little number books will help you sequence a whole week of essential number work for your Kindergarten number lessons!
Print the pages and make each of your students their own mini number book for the week. Just print, collate, staple and chop in half to make books for 2 students.
This book has a focus on the number four.
- On day 1 students will cut and paste pictures of '4 quantities' from a selection of pictures in their book. They will also find a circle dot patterns that show the number 4.
- On day 2 students will draw simple pictures to create groups of 4.
- On day 3 students will identify (find) numerals and pictures of 4, to paste into their book, from a selection provided. They will also circle numeral 4s from a line of numerals.
- On day 4 students will trace and write the numeral 4, and also draw dots on blank dice to show 4.
- On day 5 students will trace and write the number word 'four' and also draw dots on blank ten frames to show 4.
We have also included a set of teacher flashcards to help you introduce to your students the different ways to represent 4:
- quantity picture
- dice pattern
- tally mark
- ten frame
- number word
- place value blocks
These fun books will not only help encourage number awareness and identification, but also fine motor and writing!