These 4 fill-in puzzles are based on NUMBER THE STARS. Students insert words into the grid based on the number of letters in each word. Each puzzle falls under a different heading:
NAMES AND CHARACTERS
ACTION VERBS FROM THE STORY
SOME COUNTRIES INVOLVED IN WORLD WAR II--informative!
KEY WORDS FROM THE STORY
Allow extra time for these; they take quite a bit of thought and planning. Also, scattered letters to get students started. Fun spelling challenge!
Below are my fun and unique products over Number the Stars. View all 16 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: Number the Stars—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aid!
• Number the Stars Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 120 questions!
• Number the Stars: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• Number the Stars: 4 Cryptograms—Encoded Similes from the Novel! Students must use their knowledge of the story and their imaginations to decode sentences containing similies from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. A great way to familiarize students with similes!
• Number the Stars: 12 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas! Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
• Number the Stars: 5 Category Jumbles Word Puzzles--Challenging! Students unscramble words and then place the letters into a series of squares. They then arrange the letters in the shaded boxes to spell out the category word at the top of the puzzle. Students love uncovering the mystery word!
• Number the Stars: 2 Vocabulary Crosswords—Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• Number the Stars: 4 Fill-In Word Puzzles—Good Trial and Error Exercise! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid, based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• Number the Stars: 4 Word Searches Based on the Novel! Categories: Locations Mentioned in the Book; Gone with the Wind; Lise Johansen; Germany: A Wonderful Country
• Number the Stars: 6 Fractured Maxim Word Puzzles Based on the Book! Students rearrange “tiles” to form quotations from the book. Requires students to use their knowledge of the story as well as their knowledge of theme, spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language!
• Number the Stars: 9 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• Number the Stars: Anagram Crossword—A Spelling Challenge! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• Number the Stars: Completing Characters’ Quotations Crossword--Fun! Students use their knowledge of the book as well as their spelling and reasoning skills to figure out what word goes in the blank!
• Number the Stars: Reading-for-Detail Crossword--Unique! A great way to check students’ reading skills!
• Number the Stars: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
• Number the Stars: Prereading Crossword—50 words—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Number the Stars edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Number the Stars Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!