Teaching vocabulary can be difficult! Use this bundle of resources to complement your Number the Stars Reading Unit and help students learn and remember important vocabulary from the novel. The journal has Frayer-like templates that activate different senses and give students multiple opportunities to interact with the word. My students loved learning the Word of the Day and were excited to see their vocabulary grow. Inside this file you will find the following items:
1. Student Vocabulary Journal that includes 16 words taken from key chapters in Number the Stars with corresponding pictures and activities.
2. A mid-unit vocabulary quiz and an end of unit vocabulary quiz
3. A PPT that includes individual slides for all 16 vocabulary words in the student journal
4. Word Wall titles and pictures that can be easily printed and cut out to display in the classroom
5. A Vocab Journal Guide to help you best use these resources