Lois Lowry is one our all time favorite authors to read in my classroom. We spend much of the year devouring her books - including this one, Number the Stars. This set of task cards is part of my novel study unit over Number the Stars. There are 72 multiple choice cards to let students test their memories over what they have read. There are an additional 20 cards that are constructed response questions allowing students to restate the question and then answer with their own words.
*Please note. Many of these questions overlap the questions in my worksheet packet (coming soon – before March 31st). I like to provide several ways for students to practice, and creating task cards AND worksheets with some of the same question allows me freedom of choice with my class to assess them in ways that best fit the group. If you do not want duplicates of any of the questions, you may want JUST the task cards or JUST the worksheet packet.
Ideas for using these task cards:
1) Use in a center.
2) Use for small group instruction.
3) Use as assessment for checking student's ability to move on to the next skill.
4) Set out for use by those who finish their work early.
5) Use for partner work. Students choose a card and their partner answers the question. Check each other's answers.
6) Use these as a part of whole class lessons.