PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Just added a HUGE update May 7, 2018! Download again to get your extras!
This is a complete and engaging novel study for the book Number the Stars by Lois Lowry. It is one of my students' favorite books and it's a great book to study when we're learning about World War II.
It is divided into 3 sections as follows: Chapters 1-6, 7-12, 13-End.
This unit includes the following:
• Title page for students
• Meet the Author
• Prediction page
• Character notes – 12 main/minor characters (3 optional longer note pages included for 6 of the main characters)
• Chapter summaries – one for each chapter
• Vocabulary quizzes for each section
• Vocabulary words – total of 32
• Vocabulary – 3 different activities to learn and other options included
• Quizzes for all 3 sections (just added Section 3 in update)
• Final test for all sections
• Writing activities
• “Code” activities
• Extras: map skills, creative thinking, higher order questions and thinking, setting, characters, plot, foreshadowing, compare and contrast, and more!
• Answer keys for entire unit
• Common Core standards for grades 4-8
RL 4.1 - 8.1
RL 4.2 - 8.2
RL 4.3 - 8.3
RL 4.4 - 8.4
RL 4.5 - 6.5
RF 4.4 - 5.4
W 4.1 - 8.1
4.3b - 8.3b
4.9a - 8.9a
SL 4.1 - 8.1
4.2 - 5.2
4.6 - 7.6
L 4.3 - 8.3
Novel Study | Novel Studies | Number the Stars | Lois Lowry | Book Study | World War II | Map Skills | Higher Thinking | Foreshadowing | Character Traits | Characters | Setting | Theme |
Click on the green star next to my store logo to learn about future sales, new products, and freebies from my store.
Other Novel Studies available:
Other Language Arts Resources available:
Follow Me on Pinterest www.pinterest.com/thereadingnook/
Follow Me on Facebook www.facebook.com/thereadingnook.tpt
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to contact me.