This plan includes:
1. Unit Outline and learning objectives (WALT = We are learning to)
2. Literature Review Plan for Students (Allows students to understand the expectations for group discussion and individual work)
3. Vocabulary Activity with Rubric
4. Prediction Activity with Rubric
5. Building Background Knowledge Activity and Rubric
6. Chapter Assignments and Rubrics to measure learning objectives
Print a copy for each of your students and start teaching. It's that easy.
Rubrics are included for ongoing assessments. No need for a culminating, summative assessment.
This plan could be modified to follow a more traditional view of literature discussion circles, individual work, or whole group review.
The timeline is for 2 weeks. This could be easily adjusted.
Number the Stars Novel Plan
by Jamie Loveland
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License