The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book: title, author info, publication date, genre, story premise, descriptions of main characters, and setting. Each edition also contains a "Words to Know" section, which students can refer to as they come across difficult words. Some even feature a list of words, along with their definitions, that are specific to the setting.
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment! The bookmarks are also provided in both a color version and a black and white version.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW FILE AND RECEIVE A FREE EDITION OF BOOKMARKS PLUS!
NOTE: The 25 "Words to Know" vocabulary words on the bookmarks are the same words covered in my NUMBER THE STARS synonym/antonym crossword. See list below.
Also, the same 25 words are part of my NUMBER THE STARS Prereading Crossword Puzzle, which familiarizes students with 50 challenging words before they read. See list below.
USE ALL THREE PRODUCTS TOGETHER TO REINFORCE MEANING!
ELEMENTARY EDITIONS OF BOOKMARKS PLUS
A Day No Pigs Would Die
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
Be a Perfect Person in Three Days
Because of Mr. Terupt
Because of Winn-Dixie
Beezus and Ramona
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
The Best School Year Ever
The Black Pearl
Blood on the River
Bridge to Terabithia
Bud, Not Buddy
Call It Courage
Catherine Called Birdy
The Clay Marble
The Cricket in Times Square
Dead End in Norvelt
Dear Mr. Henshaw
The Devil’s Arithmetic
Diary of a Wimpy Kid
The Egypt Game
Found, Book 1: The Missing
Freak the Mighty
From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
High Elk’s Treasure
The House of Dies Drear
How to Eat Fried Worms
In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson
Island of the Blue Dolphins
Jacob Have I Loved
James and the Giant Peach
Julie of the Wolves
The Lemonade War
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
The Magician’s Nephew
The Midwife’s Apprentice
The Miraculous Journey
Moon Over Manifest
The Mouse and the Motorcycle
The Night Tourist
Number the Stars
The One and Only Ivan
One Crazy Summer
Ramona Quimby, Age 8
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
Running Out of Time
Sarah, Plain and Tall
The Secret Garden
Shooting the Moon
The Sign of the Beaver
Sing Down the Moon
A Single Shard
Summer of the Monkeys
The Tale of Despereaux
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing
The Tiger Rising
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
Vacation Under the Volcano
The War with Grandpa
The Watsons Go to Birmingham—1963
The Westing Game
When You Reach Me
When Zachary Beaver Came to Town
Where the Red Fern Grows
The Whipping Boy
A Wrinkle in Time
A Year Down Yonder
Don't see a bookmark for your favorite title? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll create one for you!
Below are my fun and unique products over Number the Stars. View all 16 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: Number the Stars—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aid!
• Number the Stars Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 120 questions!
• Number the Stars: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• Number the Stars: 4 Cryptograms—Encoded Similes from the Novel! Students must use their knowledge of the story and their imaginations to decode sentences containing similies from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. A great way to familiarize students with similes!
• Number the Stars: 12 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas! Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
• Number the Stars: 5 Category Jumbles Word Puzzles--Challenging! Students unscramble words and then place the letters into a series of squares. They then arrange the letters in the shaded boxes to spell out the category word at the top of the puzzle. Students love uncovering the mystery word!
• Number the Stars: 2 Vocabulary Crosswords—Fun Way to Learn New Words! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• Number the Stars: 4 Fill-In Word Puzzles—Good Trial and Error Exercise! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid, based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• Number the Stars: 4 Word Searches Based on the Novel! Categories: Locations Mentioned in the Book; Gone with the Wind; Lise Johansen; Germany: A Wonderful Country
• Number the Stars: 6 Fractured Maxim Word Puzzles Based on the Book! Students rearrange “tiles” to form quotations from the book. Requires students to use their knowledge of the story as well as their knowledge of theme, spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language!
• Number the Stars: 9 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• Number the Stars: Anagram Crossword—A Spelling Challenge! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• Number the Stars: Completing Characters’ Quotations Crossword--Fun! Students use their knowledge of the book as well as their spelling and reasoning skills to figure out what word goes in the blank!
• Number the Stars: Reading-for-Detail Crossword--Unique! A great way to check students’ reading skills!
• Number the Stars: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
• Number the Stars: Prereading Crossword—50 words—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Number the Stars edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Number the Stars Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!