PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
A bright colorful set of cards for teaching numbers 1-100 +. Includes 126 double-sided cards. Numbers are represented in numeral and word forms.
- represent and study new vocabulary;
- decorate classroom walls or use them as a great visual aid for students;
- have students call out the number looking at the cards;
- ask students to look at the number and write the certain word on the board, in their copybooks;
- organize a running dictation. You may play in pairs or teams. Every team needs “a secretary”, who is going to write, and “runners”. Put the cards around the classroom or playground, “the runners” run to the cards remember the words, go back to their “secretaries” and dictate them the words;
- students randomly choose cards from the set and do the same number of actions (jump 5 times on one leg, clap hands 10 times, stand up and sit down 13 times etc);
- students randomly choose the number and then find the appropriate number of things (books, pencils, chairs, leaves etc.) in the classroom or at the playground;
- brush up the colors asking: What color is number 32, 28, 99, 11, 47, 53, 200, 3000 ? etc);
- play “Clapping game”. Divide students into pairs or small groups, let them choose a number randomly. They join their hands in the way to clap the hands of one another while counting. The students clap one by one calling the numbers (e.g. if they have 23: (clap / 2clap / 3clap / 4clap ... 23clap). On the count of 23 the player, who claps, has to catch the hand of another player. If he does this, he gets a point. And then they choose another number and the second player starts the game. The player with the most points win. If the player couldn't catch another player, nobody gets a point;
- play “Guess the number”. It’s better to play in pairs or small groups. The first player tells the number to others, they must guess what it means, asking various questions. E.g. Number 3. Do you live in flat number 3? Have you got three cousins? Is your little sister 3 years old? Is it the day of your birthday? etc;
- play a great number of flashcard games with your students to make them learn the vocabulary easily in a fun and engaging way.
· Listen, point and say. Place flashcards or objects for the key vocabulary around the classroom. Call out a vocabulary word. The children point to the correct flashcard or object. Alternatively, play the chant with the target vocabulary and the children point or touch the correct card when they hear the word. Now point to the flashcards one by one, the children must say the words. Option: describe the location of the card, e.g. It's next to the window. What's this? The children then say the word.
· What's missing? Put a number of flashcards (6-8) on the table (or floor) face-up in order all the players could see them properly. Students look at the cards trying to memorize as many as possible. Ask them to close their eyes and remove one (or more cards). Ask: What's missing? They must name the missing card. The student who does it first, gets a point or has a go to take away another card. Option: to make the game harder, add a new card from a related lexical set each time or remove more than one card. To make the game more effective, and reduce teacher talking time, divide the students into groups and give them cards with vocabulary you want them to learn or revise.
· Memory game. Print two sets of flashcards. Put all cards face down on the floor (or table), determine the order of the players in the game. Children take turns to open two cards and name them. If they match, the player keeps the cards and has another go, if they don't the cards are turned over again and another child goes. At the end of the game you can ask children to make short sentences with target grammar and vocabulary using the cards they have won.
Read more games in the PREVIEW file
❗ Print on cardstock and laminate for a durable use.
⭐ You may also be interested in:
► Number Cards 1-20
► Fruit numbers 1-10
♥ Follow us to see our newest stuff and printables in action: TPT, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST.