Do your students love write the room activities as much as mine? If they do, then they are going to love this engaging Farm Friends Count the Room activity. You can use this resource in many different ways. One version of this activity is a scavenger hunt, where the picture cards are distributed around a classroom. Students, equipped with a clipboard, pencil and their recording sheet, move throughout the space looking for the picture cards. Once they have found a card, they count the number of pictures that appear on that card. When finished counting, students record their findings on one of the recording sheets provided. This version of play can easily be differentiated as there are 10 picture cards included; you choose how many picture cards to use to suit the needs of your group. You can play five cards at a time or 10 whatever works for you.
Another option for this activity is to use it as a math center. Place the picture cards and recording sheet into your center area and students can work through each card, recording their answers on one of the recording sheets provided.
This download includes:
• 10 farm animal themed picture cards
• Recording Worksheet for picture cards 1-10
• Recording Worksheet for picture cards 1-10 with traceable number words
• Farm friends count the room Worksheet Numbers 1-10
• Farm Friends Before and After – number sequencing worksheet
• Trace, Tally, Ten Frames – worksheet
• Counting Sheep – writing numerals 1-10
• Counting Sheep – writing numerals 1-10 with lines
Thanks so much for checking out this product and the Kidology store. Don’t forget to click on the red star at the top of the page to be notified when new products become available and to be the first to know when the Kidology is having a sale.
Thanks so much!