Numbers 1-10 lessons focus on exploring and understanding the concept of quantity.
It is easy to count a sequence from 1 to 20 or above, but the numbers are meaningless if they do not relate to a physical amount. Number grids and number matching activities enable the child to visualize and explore what the quantity of each number looks like. A complete understanding of the corresponding quantity for each number is essential when understanding early addition and subtraction activities.
Explore Nifty Numbers, it's 10 complete lessons for classroom and homeschool teachers! This lesson offers multiple activities that can be explored daily or customized to integrate into a week's curriculum!
Have fun and explore Numbers 1 through 10!
94 pages of creative activities combining math, language, art, science, and motor skills. Each lesson includes a book and song recommendation as well as a topic for open discussion and discussion ideas to develop social and emotional readiness.
This ready to use program includes all the coloring pages and templates as well as a list of art materials required for each lesson.
Teaching Materials Include:
• 10 complete themed lessons explore the numbers 1 through 10
• Learn about: numbers one through ten, shapes, the Earth and moon, the four seasons, five senses, octopus, and rainbows
• 55 printable templates of coloring pages and crafts
• Develop fine motor skills with finger play songs, cutting, tracing, writing, coloring, painting, threading, and beading
• Song lyrics for the traditional and counting songs
• Movement ideas for the music and activity songs will get you marching, dancing, and playing ball
• Learn to recognize and count numbers 1 through 10
• Learn about early math concepts including: shapes, symmetry, sizing, sorting, color matching, one to one correspondence, AB patterning, fractions, and quantity
• Explore and color shapes: sphere, rectangle, triangle, square, pentagon, hexagon, octagon, star, and crescent
• Create, explore, and discuss science: The Earth, moon, night and day, colors, the five senses, and the food plate
• High resolution photos will bring science and nature to the learning experience
• Art and craft ideas include making a paper mâché Earth, farm animals in a field,
4 seasons plate, food plate, rainbow fish, octopus, man in the moon, number
tree, and handprint star................
.......and so much more. The ideas are endless!
Create, Explore, Discuss!