Numbers 1 to 10: A Comprehensive Set of Kinder Common Core Learning Games and Critical Thinking Activities
This 108-page PDF download includes:
• 27 different active learning games specifically designed to support the learning of the Number Common Core Standards for Kinder
• Comprehensive mathematical thinking development
• Matrix with common core standards targeted by each game and activity
• Instructions, variations to scaffold and differentiate instruction
• All the Instructional cards for the numbers 1 through 10 using the five most important representations students need to learn
• Instructions on learning activities, assessments, sponge activities, and learning centers based on the games, cards, and the standards
• Rules constructed on schema of known games
• Intelligently considerate of children’s learning preferences.
Created by the winner of the National Mathematics Leadership Award, this resource is a comprehensive collection of instructional games and much more. It is grounded on the best research for helping students learn about numbers, and it is aligned with the common core standards for kinder. By playing these games students are actually practicing at a high level the key standards for number in Kinder.
Skills: name numbers, model numbers, decompose numbers, count-on, making 10, recognize, match, compare, measure, decide, visualize, formulate, order, organize, test, self-correct, modify, discard, record, choose, exchange, transform, infer, evaluate, categorize, group, optimize, combine, interpret, conclude, deduction, induction, interact, maximize, minimize, include, exclude, collect, memorize, hypothesize, experiment, predict.
Concepts: one more, one less, pattern, “more than”, “less than”, number sentences (equations), true, false, valid, invalid, chance, uncertainty, value, location, random, exception, trial-and-error, sequence, consequence, the natural numbers 1 to 10.