Are your students ready to tackle and explore numbers 0-5? Everything you need to teach an engaging guided math unit is included here! Students will learn to recognize the numbers 1-5, use counting strategies, use five frames, understand quantities to 5, and begin to compare numbers.
These units were developed to be taught whole group
but would also work well in a small group setting. The teacher will be guiding the students through a gradual-release model.
Each lesson includes a full lesson plan with:
- engaging whole body counting activities
- students will explore each concept with a hands-on activity.
- students will work in pairs to play a game or complete an extension activity
*Independent Follow Up
- students will apply what they learned whole group to an independent paper activity.
- Students can practice even more at home with a short practice page. If you do not give homework, these can easily be used as exit slips or for more practice in intervention groups.
- Below level/intervention and Enrichment options are included for each lesson!
*End of Unit Assessment
There are 12 lessons
1: Number 0
2: Number 1
3: Number 2
4: Number 3
5: Number 4
6: Number 5
7: Making Numbers to 5 On a Five Frame
8: Comparing Numbers to 5
9: Comparing Numbers to 5
10: Order Numbers and Quantities to 5
12: Counting Strategies
Find the year-long math curriculum here: Kindergarten Guided Math Year-Long Bundle
Download the preview to see an example of a lesson!