A Folk Tale for ESL, ELL, EFL, And ELD, The Alligator And The Frogs, can be used in a variety of ways to complement your existing ELD curriculum. This unit contains eleven reproducible pages for classroom use, which focus on ELD vocabulary, language, speaking, reading, listening development, role-playing a story, and retelling key story details. Each reproducible worksheet includes teacher directions at the bottom of the page for ease of presentation.
Also included are vocabulary charts that you can use when you plan your lessons. There are four teacher preparation pages which include: an overview, a story synopsis, story objectives, vocabulary and language objectives, reading objectives, vocabulary charts, which include: key story and key classroom connection vocabulary, key language: (nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, and suggested language frames.)
The classroom connection for this story is the concept big and small. Children will use and learn additional vocabulary and language and talk about animals that are big and small.
In addition, children will be identifying and saying the numerals 1-3. They will also be counting and matching the numeral to the correct number of items.
Beginning and intermediate English Language Learners in Grades K-2 should enjoy the worksheets and activities. Their communication skills will be enhanced as they are guided through the lessons and practice reading strategies, reading a story, sequencing story events, and retelling key story details.
Student Reproducible Pages Include:
1) Directions at the bottom of the page for ease of presentation
2) Estimated time for each lesson/worksheet
3) Activities are included in the directions to make the
presentation fun and meaningful
4) An opening cover illustration page that can be used to preview
5) Two story pages that include the text and illustrations (The
Alligator And the Frogs – Part 1 and Part 2)
6) Flash Cards which focus on key story and classroom
connection vocabulary (2 pages – 12 flash cards)
7) Word Cards for the Challenge Lesson – Creating and Reading
Patterned Sentences (at the end of the teacher preparation
8) Vocabulary Assessment Worksheet
9) Story Comprehension Worksheet (cut and past activity)
10) Make-A-2-Fold Book about the story – worksheet
11) Classroom Connection Worksheet (focuses on the concept:
big and small – It is a (big/small) __.
12) An application page that allows students to draw and/or
write what they have learned about the story, The
Alligator And The Frogs
Please adhere to all copyright laws. Use of this product, beyond classroom use for students, is prohibited. Please contact me if you wish to use this product for other purposes, as this is a violation of the intended copyright. Please note that multiple licenses are available at a reduced cost.