Closest Number is an excellent two player Numeration Game.
What You Need:
- 2 players
- 2 place value charts
- 1 deck of ‘numeral’ cards
- 1 deck of 'closest to...' cards
- 1 piece of paper for a tally sheet
- 1 pencil
- 2 calculators (optional)
NB In order that the game progress efficiently one player must look after the numeral cards while the
other player looks after the 'closest number pile' & the tally sheet.
How to Play:
1. Players sit facing each other each with a place value chart in front of them.
2. Place the ‘numeral cards’ and the 'closest number to...' cards in two piles face down between the two boards.
3. One player turns over a card from 'closest number' pile and reads it. This becomes the goal number.
4. Players take turns to select a card from the top of the ‘numerals’ pile and place them on the place value chart so as to have the best chance at getting closest to the goal number.
5. Once each player has placed a numeral in the Hundreds, Tens and Units column the students calculate the difference between their number and the goal number. The person who is ‘closest’ to the goal number receives a point.
6. The winner of the game is determined by the first person to five tally marks.
Included In This Download:
2 Game Boards
1 Set of Game Rules
2 Sets of Numeral Cards
18 Closest Number Cards
CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)