Are you looking for a fun and engaging way for your students to practice numerical expressions (PEMDAS/ Order of Operations)? Well.....this is a perfect activity for your students! Not only is it super engaging....but it is also super easy to implement! Simply print the materials and you are good to go!!
27 numerical expression problem cards
Student recording sheet
Directions for use
1. Print and cut out numerical expression cards
2. Place cards around your classroom (tape to walls, place on desks, put at a math center, etc.)
3. Give each student a recording sheet
4. Each student will also need a separate piece of paper or a marker board to work the problems.
5. Students rotate around the room solving the problems, looking for matching numerical expressions.
-Tell students prior that they will be looking for matches—as they will want to remember their answers each time the solve an expression.
6. When students find two numerical expressions answers that match—they record the problem, answer and student work on the recording sheet.
7. There are only 14 matching cards (7 pairs) that match.
13 cards will not have a match.
If you like this product, you may also like:
Order of Operations Task Cards
PEMDAS Task Cards