A Language Arts resource that uses various activities to introduce and teach students about the elements of a story through much loved nursery rhymes, fables and fairy tales (Yes, I have all three story types, check them out at my store) . Students will learn all about the setting and characters that are associated with each nursery rhyme. Through various activities your students will learn all about the story/rhyme you are teaching them.
1. What is a fairy Tale/Fable/Nursery Rhyme (depending on which packet you bought)
2. Posters for Teacher to read; picture walk; sequencing story;
3. Character mini-posters, settings mini-posters-great for retelling! Great for student mini books!
4. Fairy tale journals for students
5. Vocabulary words from each story
6. Comprehension questions for each story
7. Brainstorm how the story could be applicable to the student’s life.
8. Character, setting puppets (color, cut out, glue on popsicle stick)
9. Comic strip for students to re-write the Fairy Tale/Fable
10. Cut and paste activity for student’s to sequence the story
11. Cut and paste, setting on piece of paper, or characters, or a scene from the story.
1. Baa Baa Black Sheep
2. The Old Woman who Lived in a Shoe
3. Jack and Jill